No immigrant has taken your job

2 Likes

Say it louder for the people in the back

2 Likes

This is missing a key point. Every immigrant creates more jobs than they take. Even illegal immigrants.

If an immigrant is taking some magical good job, they are statistically creating more work for a number of reasons (like diversifying the economy, creating a bigger import/export market, translation jobs, another container in the market etc)

Could you provide any data to back up your claims? Not saying what you said is false, but you said they are statistically creating more work. Where are recent statistics supporting your argument? I suspect that used to be the case in the 20th century during real economic growth in the West but is it still true? I am honestly curious

2 Likes

First study is about legal immigrants. Obviously illegal immigrants aren’t starting as many businesses. I agree they create jobs, but certainly not on a 1:1 basis.

2 Likes

It is a 1:1.8 basis with illegal immigrants.

They create jobs in that they still require translation services, help create a diverse economy, have different wants and needs, etc. The buying power of an illegal immigrant alone is still enough to stimulate the economy and create diverse goods, services, etc.

1 Like

Do you have a source for that? You’re saying each illegal immigrant creates enough demand for almost 2 new jobs?

I’ve seen the studies showing economic benefits of illegal immigration, but I think the crux of the issue is that nearly 100% of the economic benefits are going to wealthy capital owners and the most vulnerable people are left with depressed wages. It’s a recipe for economic inequality and political instability.

2 Likes