My job offer was revoked, and I posted a negative review on Glassdoor. Now, the company is requesting that I remove the review

In essence, here’s the situation: I interviewed with this company, successfully went through two rounds of interviews, received a job offer just 30 minutes after the second interview, and was thrilled as it came with a substantial 40% salary increase compared to my current job. I accepted the offer, tendered my two-week notice to my current employer, and completed the onboarding process HR provided, signing all necessary documents last week.

However, just two days ago, exactly one week after signing the offer letter, I received an email informing me that the company could not proceed with my offer due to “internal changes” that led to the elimination of the open position. They mentioned they would keep my resume on file, but I was left in disbelief as I had already given notice to my current employer. Despite my pleas to my boss to reconsider, HR informed me that nothing could be done on their end.

So now, I find myself without a stable job because this company’s actions have put me in a precarious situation. In frustration, I posted a negative review on Glassdoor detailing my experience and how the company left me jobless. However, this morning, I received an email from the company, requesting that I remove the negative review as it damages their reputation. I don’t feel any remorse for my actions, given that the company has left me jobless and in a difficult situation.

1 Like

“It hurts our reputation” That is the point, mate.

1 Like

It hurts their reputation because they deserve a bad reputation.

1 Like

Their actions are what hurt their reputation and caused the review.

1 Like

So you don’t like the consequences of your own actions? It’s almost like there is a lesson in this.

1 Like

His head kept hitting my fist. Now my fists hurt, and I broke a nail.

2 Likes

and teachers come in droves to defend the “victim.”

1 Like

Stop gaslighting me!

1 Like

Look what you made me do!!" The sophisticated gaslighting version of the bullying classic "Stop hitting yourself!

The gaslight irony is astounding