Is this legal? Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: I understand any guidance provided is not formal legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I am simply seeking information to understand my options and legal rights better.

Hi, my name is Sarah. I am posting today to ask for some advice about my experience. I work at a chain grocery store and the admin accidentally took me off the hand list, and my director says I’ve to go through the entire hiring process again. Are they allowed to do this as it’s basically firing me with no warning?

Questions:

• Is this something I could take legal action on?
  • What are my rights in this situation?
  • Is there someone I should contact for assistance?

Please note that any responses should not be construed as official legal advice. I’m seeking guidance to understand my rights better and navigate this issue. Let me know if you need any clarification on my situation. Thank You!

1 Like

Sounds like an excuse to me.

2 Likes

I have never heard of such a thing, Thats terrible, and you don’t want to work for a place like that anyway, it’s very unprofessional and irresponsible!

No, it’s NOT legal. Accidents happen, they just put you back on the schedule. Report her to corporate and ask them to fix it. You shouldn’t have to re-apply for a job you already have. Again, go to corporate and remind them of their legal responsibilities. Get back on the schedule and start looking for a new job. Good luck.

Hey guys I really appreciate the help even if it doesn’t get my job back in the end your time and thought means a lot, thanks.

5 Likes