Is it customary to have job applicants initiate the phone interview by calling the recruiter?

In all my previous experiences, I’ve been the one receiving the call. I’m currently in the process for a financial advisor role at a finance firm where I’d be selling budgeting products to clients. I was simply instructed to call them at a designated time, which made me wonder if this is a standard practice.

I’ve encountered some questionable “interviews” through Indeed in the past, so I wanted to seek input from others before proceeding. Thank you all in advance! :blush:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t read much into it either way. There’s nothing particularly offensive about asking you to call them at a certain time. Nor does it expose you to any greater risk of it being a scam, just use your usual judgment to decide if it’s the right job for you.

1 Like

Thank you!! :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Last several jobs where I had interviews…I was given a conference line to call at XX time…couple of others called in from the client site.

It’s easier to set up a conference line and have you call in than get everyone else on the line and then connect them all to you.

Besides it may be a little test to see if you are able to use the phone to place calls???

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you!

1 Like