Are well-known job search platforms like Indeed, Glassdoor, and Ziprecruiter reliable sources for applying to entry-level or junior web developer positions?

It appears that these platforms might have limited opportunities or lead to companies like Revature, which may not be suitable for new developers. Do you know of any alternative websites that can assist aspiring developers in finding trustworthy job opportunities aligned with their level of experience?

2 Likes

Linkedin, then Glassdoor, then check the boards for whatever your framework of choice is, and lastly I poke around teamblind and levels.fyi, they usually have a section with job postings too.

2 Likes

Got my intern position through the LinkedIn easy apply and all of the other positions I’ve been contacted to go for an interview for were through LinkedIn.

1 Like

I generally turn on “looking for work” on LinkedIn and get recruiters working for me. Then also apply directly to companies I’m interested in.

Try Google Jobs. It aggregates all the major hiring platforms, and you can set email alerts for positions that match your criteria. Very handy.

1 Like

Thank you, Great advice!

1 Like

IME even recent Google posting have expired when you go to apply

1 Like

I use linkedin, infojobs and the most popular job-seeking sites on my country and companies reject me because I don’t have EnOuGh ExPeRiEnCe. please, I have recently graduated from a web dev degree and barely have 8 months of web dev experience as an intern, how the f do I earn more experience? Ugh, companies are infuriating.

1 Like